Hello Westside Lacrosse Players and Parents,
Happy Holidays! Hope you all have enjoyed the break, and you all are staying in shape. We strongly advise conditioning on your own whenever possible during this break. Please read below for important upcoming information:
Schedule for this week:
- 12/30 Mon – New Player Workout – 10:00a-12:00p @ Westside HS (Optional)
- 1/2 Thu – Rookie Camp – 10:00a-12:00p @ Westside HS Back Corner Practice Field (Freshman/1st year players)
- 1/3 Fri – Rookie Camp – 10:00a-12:00p @ Westside HS Back Corner Practice Field (Freshman/1st year players)
- 1/6 Mon – Back to School!
All players will need to try out.
- Jan 6 return to school
- Jan 13-14 Tryouts
- Jan 13-14 Parent Meetings 6:00-7:00p*
- Jan 15-16 Wed-Thu Practices begin
* If you attended the fall meeting, you do not need to attend the spring parents meeting.
Those meeting the following criteria will automatically make the team:
- Full participation of the Fall Program with Fall Tournament participation all in good standing
- Mile time 7:30 or better
- Wall ball test – 50 right and 50 left with no drops
The following players are in good standing as of the end of Fall Ball:
If a student is not on the list below, it is due to having 3 or more unexcused absences without communication, 3 or more unexcused missing grade checks/tutorial forms, or any combination of the two. These rules are important to be compliant with Westside/HISD rules, to developing leadership and communications skills, and most importantly, in demonstrating respect for this program and desire to play lacrosse at Westside HS.
* New players who started after the Fall Ball tournament are not included.
Wolves Lacrosse Gear – Blatant Store