WESTSIDE LACROSSE FALL BALL 2020 TEAM MEETING
- Videos on / Mics on
- Check-in / Attendance
- Introduce new players (name, position)
- School prep check – all players prepped and ready for school
- Physical / Clearance
- Fall Program and dates
PHYSICAL / CLEARANCE
Physical / clearance documents by October 12. First practice October 19.
Must have US Lacrosse membership (insurance $35) https://www.uslacrosse.org/membership
Schedule your physical now!
GEAR / EQUIPMENT
All players should have a practice pack: 3 practice shirts, 1 pair practice shorts ($40)
Contact Coach Song if you need equipment or a practice pack.
- Online grades will affect on field eligibility. No Pass No Play is still in FULL EFFECT!!
- Grade Checks every Monday except the first Monday of each 6-Weeks.
- Study Hall every Tuesday 4:30-6:00p on Teams starting 9/22 required for any player under 70 (60 for AP/Pre-AP) in any class. Player may attend teacher tutorial instead of Study Hall but still must report and confirm assignments completed with Coach McClure. Academic Coach will monitor completion of assignments and assist students.
- Athletics is a privilege, those that are serious will take care of their business!!
FALL BALL (9/14-11/15)
Progression Plan: Conditioning + Strength > Skills > Games
Below is our Fall Ball Program Schedule. Please mark calendars accordingly. Everything is subject to revision and change due to COVID with advance notice whenever possible.
- 9/3 Thu – Team Meeting / Fall Ball & School Year Start @ Microsoft Teams (4:30-5:30p)
- 9/14-11/14 Mon/Wed – Practices * (4:30-6:00p)
- 10/24 Sat – V/JV Scrimmage v. Atascocita @ TBA
- 11/7 Sat – JV Scrimmage TBD
- 11/14-15 Sat-Sun – V/JV Fall Lacrosse Festival Tournament
* Practices will be virtual until district clearance for field practices planned for 10/19.
We will also host and announce a parents meeting TBA. Parents are required to attend the meeting or will have to sign receipt and understanding of all materials.
9/13 NATION UNITED TRYOUT (PLAYDAY)
The session will include full-field fastbreak drills, 6v6, Man-up/Man-down, and full field scrimmage. This is not a Westside Lacrosse event.
Alden Bridge Sports Park in The Woodlands
9/13 – 1:00pm-3:30pm
Remind, Teams overview, website, social media.