Dear Westside Lacrosse Players and Parents,
One week down!
I trust you all enjoyed the first week of school as much as I did! Below are some updates and important announcements.
The next week is focused on establishing a team charter of expectations, and then our Fall Ball kickoff with Lax Olympics, which will entail fun lacrosse related and team-building activities (e.g. water balloon toss, relay races, dizzy bat race, etc.), as well as physical testing based on the exercises I circulated earlier this summer.
- 9/3 Mon – Labor day – No School!
- 9/4 Tue – Team Charter Meeting / Makeup Team Meeting @ RM N122, 4:15-5:00p
- 9/5 Wed – Physical Testing / Lax Olympics @ WHS, 4:30-6:00p (Workout gear, running shoes)
- 9/6 Thu – Physical Testing / Lax Olympics @ WHS, 4:30-6:00p (Workout gear, running shoes)
Practices @ WHS, meet first at RM N122 to change.
The following week and thereafter:
Mon-Thu 4:30-6:30p @ WHS
Activities this Past Week
I have spent much of this first week setting the stage for this year through a series of meetings with seniors, the team meeting, and individual players. Attached is the information I circulated to the team.
* Note: all dates, times, locations subject to change with notice from coaches.
Parents Meeting – Save the Date!
Please mark your calendars – Parents Meeting 9/13 Thursday 6:00-7:00p @ RM N122.
Lunch availability – RM N122 is available for lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays, or by request to meet. Some of you have asked
How do I get faster?