Hello Players and Parents,
Spring lacrosse 2019 starts tomorrow!
First, please save the date: Spring Parents Meeting Tuesday January 22, 6:30p-7:30p @ Westside HS.
Schedule this week (all players, Mon-Thu – updated Tue is all players):
- 1/14 Mon – Practice (Stick skills) – 4:15p-6:00p, Meet @ RM N122 (Full gear)
- 1/15 Tue – Practice (Goalie skills, Draw & dump, Body slides) 4:15p-6:00p, Meet @ RM N122 (Full gear)
- 1/16 Wed – New Players Meeting (for new players who wish to join), Lunch @ RM N122
- 1/16 Wed – Practice (Conditioning, Shooting, Clearing, Fastbreaks) 4:15p-6:00p, Meet @ RM N122 (Full gear)
- 1/17 Thu – Practice (Equipment check, West Genny) 4:15p-6:00p, Meet @ RM N122 (Full gear)
Spring Program and ScheduleOur detailed spring program and schedule will be circulated this week. The above is the expected weekly schedule through 2/2, Monday through Thursday, all players. Thereafter, we will go daily practice or games Mon-Fri and some Saturdays. Of course, I will send weekly update as always.
Locker RoomThe plan is to switch to the field house locker room as soon as I get it cleared.
Academic EligibilityAll players have until the first progress report (January 18) to bring their grades up to passing. If the class is a PreAP or AP class, you cannot have below a 60. If a non-PreAP or non-AP class, your average cannot be below 70. YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE IN ORDER TO PLAY IN ANY CONTEST.
Varsity and JV Games/RostersWe have 18 total Varsity and JV games scheduled this season, and 16 game dates. Division I and II level programs typically play 16-18 game seasons, and thus we are preparing our players for such rigor. Varsity and JV rosters may fluctuate on a per game basis. Some players will be on both rosters, and only seniors cannot play JV.Below are links to the schedule and current roster.On the roster, note the players in bold are “on the bubble” of both Varsity and JV and should be prepared to play in both games. Nothing is set in stone!Click here to view current roster >Click here to view schedule >I know we’re all looking forward to getting back on the field! See you all this week, and of course if you have any questions, please feel free to email or call. Go Wolves! Coach Song
ALSO CHECK: Westside Lacrosse Parents Meeting Tue 1/22 RSVP